- Size: 26" H x 32.5" Diam.
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- Exceptional Artisan Quality by Nikom - crafted with care to be treasured for years to come.
- Product info: Saa paper and bamboo
Details: NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured - we'll do everything we possibly can to ensure you're a happy customer.
About this item: The vibrant plumes of a peacock sway across the crest of this saa paper parasol from northern Thailand. By Nikom, the piece is embellished with bamboo spines and hand-painted with intricate designs in oil paints.
26 inches tall.
3.2" closed diameter, 32.5" open diameter.
- For decorative use only
- Not for use with water
About our Artist: Thai artisan Nikom: 'My village is known for saa paper parasols. After graduating in Bangkok in industrial engineering, I returned home to set up my own saa paper workshop. It was a good decision for my parents, my family and neighboring villagers. We improved designs and patterns, and changed procedures and techniques to improve quality. I tend to keep to traditional Thai patterns, but also create new designs. I am proud to say that my work is traditional, decorative, useful, and locally made....
- Product type: Lawn & Patio
- Brand: NOVICA