QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Brand: TETON Sports
Color: Hunter Green
- NOT YOUR BASIC BACKPACK: Continues to be the top selling internal frame backpack on Amazon at a great price for all the included features; Backpack for men and women. Waist Belt- Adjustable 26 - 60 inches. Torso Length- Adjustable 15 - 19.5 inch
- VERSATILE QUICK TRIP PACK: Just right for youth and adults for light backpacking trips; best for 2-4-day adventures; 3400 cubic inches (55 L) capacity; weighs 4.5 pounds (2 kg)
- COMFORT YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE: Multi-position torso adjustment fits wide range of body sizes; Durable open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels provide maximum comfort and airflow
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Hiking backpack with hundreds of verified 5-star reviews testifying to the quality and design; sleeping bag compartment, compression straps, and exterior pockets for strategic packing
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or concerns; YOU CAN COUNT ON US to get you taken care of and back OUTDOORS with TETON Sports
Publisher: TETON Sports
Details: Boasting a compact main compartment that measures a mere 3400 cubic inches, the Teton Wilderness 55 internal frame backpack is ideally sized for the light backpacker or young camper. Comfort-wise, the Wilderness 55 is outfitted with dual aluminum stays that adjust to the shape of your back, along with contoured shoulder, lumbar, and waist pads. In addition, the height of the shoulder straps is adjustable, helping the pack accommodate a wide range of torso lengths. The upshot is a well-fitting, lightweight pack (4.5 pounds without gear) that won't put undue stress on your back and shoulders even after a full day of hiking.
On the interior, the pack holds a modest amount of gear in its top-loading main compartment and distinct sleeping bag compartment. Also present are several smaller pouches--a pair of side zippered pockets, side and mesh front pockets, and a top zippered pocket, to be precise--for storing such items as Swiss Army knives, snacks, and mini flashlights. And as with any good hiking pack, the Wilderness 55 has a padded pocket for your trail hydration water bladder (not included). The design concludes with a rain fly that keeps your gear dry in wet conditions.
Amazon.com Backpack Guide
Finding the Right Backpack
For extended trips into the backcountry, there's no getting around the fact that you'll have to carry life-sustaining supplies on your back. Here are some things to keep in mind when shopping for a backpack:
Internal vs. External
Up until late 1970's, external frame packs--which consist of an exposed, lightweight metal frame attached to a fabric pack-bag--were the only thing going. In recent years, though, packs that place the support structure of the pack inside the pack, known as internal frame packs, have boomed in popularity.
The good news about internal frame packs is that
Release Date: 23-06-2006
Package Dimensions: 26.4 x 17.7 x 2.8 inches