Check this list to be sure you avoid these common packing mistakes!
- Forgetting an essential item: Whether it’s your passport, boarding pass, or other important documents, this could cause some major complications. Buy a passport holder or small clutch to keep organized and minimize the chance of loss!
- Luggage breaks: Do your research beforehand and invest in a durable piece of luggage. It’s also always a good idea to check your luggage before your trip; check the wheels, handles, and zippers for damage.
- TSA confiscates toiletries: Although it’s not the worst problem in the world, it’s easily avoidable with these refillable TSA-approved containers.
- Too many souvenirs: Forgot to leave enough space in your suitcase for all those souvenirs? Pack a small, foldable bag in your suitcase to give yourself some extra room for the trip home.
- Wrinkled wardrobe: Never worry about this again, by packing this small but mighty de-wrinkle spray!
- Not preparing for international travel: Know where you’re going. There’s nothing worse than showing up to see the Vatican in Rome and not being prepared with long pants and a shirt. Do some research ahead of time to ensure that you pack the appropriate clothing.
- Too much baggage: If you know you’re an over packer, check out our guides on how to pack lightly with only the essentials.
- Forgetting chargers: An all too common mistake, forgetting your electronic chargers can be detrimental. Look into a case to keep all your chargers organized in one place, and don’t forget to travel with this portable charger so you can charge your device anywhere, anytime.